After a long week of chasing deadlines and finishing lots of paper works, a part of you says you need to eat something sweet to treat yourself after all the efforts you’ve done. While on the way home, you find yourself staring at the desserts on your local café and end up buying a slice of your favorite cake.
Desserts seem to make us feel relaxed, and every bite makes us feel happy simply because we all know that we deserve a hint of sugar in our blood.
Every time we look forward to indulging ourselves with a good meal, we always make sure to leave room for dessert because it’s the best part of the meal. Although sometimes we forget to limit ourselves, the sweet tooth in all of us seems to make us feel guilty after finishing off two slices of cake. OOPS!
In case you’re planning to make some for the weekend, why not try making this incredibly sweet dessert that you’ll surely love to share with your friends and family?
Chocolate Cookie Lasagna Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need:
Chocolate Cheesecake Layer
- 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 200mL whipping cream
- 400g Dark Chocolate
- 400g chocolate cream cookies
- 200mL whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mini chocolate chips
Here’s how to make it:
1. Make the Ganache layer by adding chocolate and cream in a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 20 minutes, stirring in between until the mixture becomes smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
2. Make the Chocolate Cheesecake Layer by combining all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Start mixing on low speed and gradually increase the speed until the mixture is smooth and well-combined.
3. Make the Whipping Cream by adding powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Whip until stiff peaks start to form, but always make sure that it’s not over whipped.
4. Assemble the dessert by adding a layer of chocolate cookies at the bottom of a lasagna dish.
5. Pour a layer of ganache on top, spread evenly, and chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
6. Add another layer of the cream cheese mixture over the ganache and spread evenly using a spatula or the back of a spoon.
7. Add another layer of cookies, pour the second half of the ganache over and chill in the fridge for another 20 minutes.
8. Finish off with a layer of whipped cream on top and sprinkle with some mini chocolate chips.
9. Serve and Enjoy!
Don’t forget to share this delicious recipe with your friends on Facebook!